We would not be able to meet our mission of serving the needy elderly without the support of the wonderful benefactors in the local community.
We need your help!
“How in the world do you survive?” people often ask us. Trust is the simple, yet radical answer. We trust in God’s Providence and the goodness of others to help us provide for the needs of the Residents of St. Augustine’s Home. This might seem like a dangerously naive answer in today’s complex healthcare environment, but trust is what has sustained generations of Little Sisters for over 135 years in Indianapolis.
To operate St. Augustine Home and to continue to provide quality care to the Residents, we must raise over $250,000 in donations each month to supplement government funding. That $250,000 is generated through fundraising—everything from direct mail campaigns, church collections, legacies and grants, to the numerous fund raising events held each year.
Ways to donate:
- Online donation: Please click here for secure donation form.
- Gifts in Kind: businesses and individuals donate needed items such as food, personal care items and office supplies.
- Personal Donation: make a recurring donation each month, quarter or year as a sustaining gift to help with the operations of the Home.
- Planned Giving: make a lasting gift and receive the benefits of doing so. Contact us to discuss ways to structure your gift.
- Stock and Bond Transfers: donate appreciated securities and receive tax benefits. Information on making these donations is available on request.
- Workplace giving: find out if your company has a matching gift program.
- Special Events: by supporting our special events as a sponsor, an underwriter or a guest. All event expenses are paid in full by outside sources, so that the income generated is used solely to support the Residents of the Home.
- Memorial Giving: these gifts can be in memory of a loved one or to honor someone.
As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, donations to the Little Sisters of the Poor at St. Augustine Home are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Our corporate name is: Little Sisters of the Poor of Indianapolis, Inc. Our tax I.D. number is: 35-1007734.
For more information on how you can support St. Augustine Home, contact either Sr. Cecilia, lsp, Collecting Sister at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nathan Buonanno, Director of Development at email@example.com.